Founded in 1967, Ohio Laborers Benefits provides quality insurance and pension benefits for LIUNA Construction Craft Laborers in Ohio, as well as parts of Kentucky and West Virginia. It has been our mission for a half-century to exceed members’ and contractors’ expectations by offering the highest level of service and respect as stewards for Laborers’ present and future security and well-being. We are proud to share these facts throughout the history of serving our members.
- The Ohio Laborers’ District Council – Ohio Contractors’ Association Insurance Fund provides high quality health and welfare coverage for eligible members
- A group health plan covering more than 30,000 lives
- Comprehensive PPO network and prescription drug plan
- Death, accidental death, dismemberment, and short-term disability benefits
- Retiree insurance available
Approximately 1,200 contractors submit fringe benefit contributions to Ohio Laborers Benefits on behalf of their laboring employees. In general, contractors enter into collectively bargained agreements with Local Labor Unions. Based on the terms of the agreements, contractors are obligated to pay contributions to the Funds based on the number of hours worked within the Union’s jurisdiction.
- The Laborers’ District Council and Contractors’ Pension Fund of Ohio has provided retirement benefits for its members for over 50 years
- A well funded plan that has achieved a “Green Zone” certification every year
- Approximately $12 million paid out monthly to retired members and beneficiaries
- Numerous payment options available upon retirement
- Two disability pension types available for those who can no longer perform laboring work