Ohio Laborers Future Leaders Of America Scholarship:
The Ohio Laborers Future Leaders of America Scholarship is for dependent children of members of local affiliates of Laborers’ District Council of Ohio.
- Must be a child (whether natural, adopted, stepchild, or grandchild) of an active member in good standing of any local affiliate of the Laborers’ District Council of Ohio
- Enrolled or enrolling full-time at an accredited public, or private, non-profit educational institution
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative high school grade-point average (or equivalent); renewal consideration requires a 3.0 cumulative GPA
To apply for this scholarship, you will need:
- A completed Cleveland Foundation Corporate/Group Scholarship Application
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript 2022/2023 Student Aid Report available at fafsa.gov
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letter of acceptance from the school you plan to attend, if available
- Essay/personal statement (see application info page for details)
Selections will be based on the completed application, academic performance, community service, motivation, character, and self-help (financial need will be used only as a tiebreaker). Award amount will be based on the performance of the fund and number of applicants selected.
Awarded Student Requirements
• Maintain full-time enrollment status
• Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA
This award will be renewed for a maximum of four total years provided the student meets the scholarship requirements and funding remains available.
Check HERE, for further details and to apply,
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS & RENEWALS: APRIL 15
Lia Bendix, Scholarship & Financial Aid Specialist